If trust, value, and customer service are important to you, read our John Lewis Car Insurance Review.
John Lewis might be known for their department store, but don’t let that fool you. Their car insurance is as competitive as any other provider out there. John Lewis provides excellent value for low cost. If you buy their policy online, you will even receive a 15% discount. Being a 150 year old brand, they also have a reputation for amazing customer service. They have a 5 star Defaqto rating and a dedicated customer support line, ready to assist you in anything you need. They also have special offers that no other insurance company provides, such as their Emergency Taxi Cover and the Vehicle ID Theft Cover. These are a part of their standard policy, which is not found at any other insurance company.
Insure Your Car with Your Favourite Department Store
- With up to 75% No Claims Discount, you can reap the rewards of your careful driving.
- New customers will save 15% on their policy if they purchase it online
- John Lewis will offer you a Courtesy Car while your car is being repaired.
- If you have an emergency and John Lewis haven’t managed to arrange a replacement car quickly enough, they will refund your taxi fare, to get you where you need to
Competitive Policies and a Great Online Discount
If you are looking for a new car insurance policy, the 15% online discount from John Lewis is definitely an appealing incentive. Their standard policy also includes tempting benefits that you won’t find with other insurers, such as the emergency taxi cover and the vehicle ID theft cover.
Why choose John Lewis Car Insurance?
John Lewis offers you excellent value for money, highlighted by their five star Defaqto rating and their name being synonymous with excellent customer service. Along with the 15% online discount and the 75% No Claims Bonus, they offer competitively priced optional extras; annual breakdown cover starts at just £40, and you could choose to take out legal protection for £24 a year.
Benefits of John Lewis Car Insurance
A trusted name for over 150 years, the exemplary customer service of John Lewis department stores has been carried over to their car insurance policies. Along with this, there are a number of benefits to insuring your car with John Lewis.
- John Lewis is one of the only insurance companies to offer Emergency Taxi Cover as part of their standard policy. If you have an emergency or an urgent appointment, and they didn’t provide you with a replacement car in time, John Lewis will cover the price of your taxi so that you can get to where you need to go.
- With the Vehicle ID Theft Cover, you are protected in the event of vehicle ID theft, which is where criminals will steal or clone your number plate in order to avoid paying fines and charges. This cover is provided as standard with the comprehensive policy.
- The My Account section of the easy to use website, allows you to manage your insurance policy online, so all of your policy documents are accessible and updateable, wherever you have an internet connection. The design of the website makes it simple to view on your tablet and mobile devices, so the whole process is as streamlined as possible.
- John Lewis will cover you for a maximum of 90 days per year to drive in Europe as standard – this can be paired with the optional extra European Rescue Motor Breakdown Cover.
- They will provide a replacement car for up to 21 days as standard, in the event that your vehicle is a total loss or immobilised following an accident which was your fault, or if your car is stolen and not recovered.
- With the chance to receive up to 75% No Claims Discount, this is a policy to seriously consider if you are proud of your careful driving. You have the chance to protect this with the optional extra Protected No Claims Discount.
Along with these standard benefits, John Lewis also offers optional extras to make sure you are paying excellent prices for just the right protection for you.
- The Legal Protection, for £24 per year, will cover legal costs for up to £100,000 per claim, as long as your claim has more than a 50% chance of success. You can also use this cover if you need to defend against certain motoring prosecutions.
- There are three levels of optional Breakdown Cover for you to choose from – Roadside Rescue, Home Rescue, and European Rescue, so you only need to pay for the level of cover you require.
- If you need to make a claim for damage to your vehicle, the Excess Protection will reimburse up to £500 of your excess payment.
- If you have accumulated four or more years of claim-free driving, you can choose to add Protected No Claims Discount to your policy. This will allow you to make up to two claims in three consecutive years without losing any of your No Claims Discount.
John Lewis Car Insurance Quote
John Lewis Car Insurance offers benefits that are not usually available with many other insurers, but they also offer the staple incentives such as the courtesy car and the 75% No Claims Discount. Furthermore, you can purchase Breakdown Cover and Legal Protection at very competitive prices With the additional 15% discount you will receive if you buy a car insurance policy online, it is worth going onto the John Lewis website today and getting a quote to see how much you could save.