You have enough things to worry about in your 50’s, much less your car insurance. You will see in our Saga Car Insurance Review that they are one of the best candidates for your policy if you are in your golden years.
With rates as low as £120 a year and a 5 Star Rating from Defaqto, Saga knows perfectly how to balance great value and great customer service. They understand your needs and want you to feel protected. This customer care is apparent in their Emergency “Any Driver” Cover, which allows any driver to drive your car in the event of a medical emergency. Unlike other car insurance companies, they also allow to you drive in the EU for an unlimited amount of time. They know that you would want to travel in your later year and would not want you to feel unsafe while doing so.
To see if you qualify for rates as low as £120 a year, click here for a Saga Car Insurance Quote.
Older driver? Try Saga Car Insurance
- 10% of customers who chose to pay annually paid £120 or less for comprehensive cover.
- Saga received a 5 Star Rating from Defaqto for the wide range of features and benefits they provide.
- Your personal belongings are covered up to the value of £1000 in the event of fire, theft, and accidental damage.
- The uninsured driver cover means your No Claims Discount won’t be affected if an uninsured driver hits your car.
Superb Cover and Competitive Service for Over-50s
Saga Car Insurance specialises in providing cover for drivers aged 50 and over. They currently hold a Five Star Defaqto rating, and they are a ‘Which?’ recommended provider for their outstanding customer service. If you are aged 50 or over, you could receive a quote for their comprehensive cover for as little as £120 a year.
Why choose Saga Car Insurance?
All of Saga’s policies are designed to give extra peace of mind to drivers over the age of 50. With the uninsured driver cover and the vandalism cover you can protect your hard earned No Claim Discount, and the emergency ‘any driver’ cover allows any driver to take over driving your car in the event of a medical emergency.
Benefits of Saga Car Insurance
Saga Car Insurance is tailored for the over50s and many of their benefits, are features that you won’t find with other, broader policies.
- The ‘Get You Home’ cover will allow you to claim up to £500 for travelling and/or hotel expenses if your car is left immobile after an accident.
- You will receive up to £1000 in personal belongings cover against fire, theft and accidental damage. The items covered include mobile phones, laptops, spectacles and portable Sat Nav units.
- For permanently fitted equipment, such as Sat Nav, CD or MP3 units, the comprehensive car insurance provides you with unlimited audio/visual cover.
- Like many insurance companies, Saga offers cover for you to drive in the EU. Unlike many other companies, Saga allows you to drive in the EU for an unlimited period of time, and your cover stays the same without you having to pay anything extra.
- While your car is being repaired by one of their approved repairers after an incident, you will be entitled to a guaranteed replacement car for up to fourteen days.
- If you need to take advantage of Saga’s windscreen, window, and sunroof glass repairs, your No Claim Discount won’t be affected and there will be no excess to pay, as long as you use one of Saga’s nationwide approved repairers.
- With Saga’s multicar cover, you will receive a 5% discount for every additional car insured at the same address (for drivers over 50)
- The two years New for Old cover means that, in the event that your car needs replacing, you could be entitled to receive a brand new car from Saga. Provided that you owned your car from new, if it is up to a year old you will get a brand new car regardless of how many miles are on the clock. If your car is between one and two years old, you are covered for up to 12,000 miles.
If you wish to add more benefits to your policy, Saga provides additional cover options that you can choose to include, allowing you to truly customise your policy to suit you.
- You can add Legal Protection to your insurance policy for just £27 a year, which will provide up to £100,000 towards trained claims handlers, if you are involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault.
- For £15 per year, you can increase your personal accident cover for you and your named driver, up to the value of £50,000.
- The Accident Healthcare option will provide you with up to £1 million to cover the costs of prompt private medical treatment if you are injured in a road accident. This cover option also gives you access to the Saga GP Telephone Consultation Service, which puts you in touch with a GP whenever you need advice (even when it’s not about a road accident).
- Discounted Saga Breakdown Assistance is a UK wide breakdown service, and is available at a discounted rate when added to your car insurance policy – prices start at £34.99 a year.
- You can extend the length of time you have your replacement car from 14 to 21 days with the replacement car extension for theft or total loss cover.
Saga Car Insurance Quote
Ifyou are aged 50 and over, you will be able to enjoy all of Saga’s Car Insurance benefits, and the knowledge that you are receiving reliable cover that will give you extra peace of mind. With a comprehensive cover policy starting from as low as £120 a year, you should get a quote online today to see whether you could be saving money on your car insurance with Saga.
If you are aged 50 and over, you will be able to enjoy all of Saga’s Car Insurance benefits, and the knowledge that you are receiving reliable cover that will give you extra peace of mind. With a comprehensive cover policy starting from as low as £120 a year, you should get a quote online today to see whether you could be saving money on your car insurance with Saga.